Available opportunities at RG Luma Automation:-
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Key Objectives & Activities:-
- To interpret the customer’s technical requirements and produce a detailed design and specification that will meet those requirements and be within the budget allowed by the project
- Able to draw upon industrial experience to validate design proposals
- Ability to validate design selection through FEA, referenced calculations and to present this documentation at review stages.
- To be able to work both independently with customers and suppliers to ensure the desired outcome is achieved to satisfy both specification and budgetary requirements.
- Fully conversant in Solidworks, although other design software experience will also be considered.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Be able to design pneumatic systems, produce pneumatic drawings and understand how to rectify commissioning issues – Hydraulic system experience would also be useful
- Have an awareness of various industrial control systems and control gear and their selection.
- Provision for service routing within their designs – Electrical, Pneumatic
- Able to specify suitable safety control equipment for a given design
- Ability to understand and interpret British Standards and general machine requirements.
- To source, expedite and kit all materials in sufficient time to commence production and/or installation on the dates specified by the production schedule.
- To agree availability of production resources with the production controller or Manufacturing Manager including start dates, staffing levels and completion dates
- To expedite all production resources and provide technical support for all operatives, ensuring quality assurance both during the build and on completion
- To ensure the Project Flow process is followed and documented.
- To ensure that all delivery, completion, installation and commissioning dates are met and that the control system works as the specification and to the customer’s satisfaction. This may involve overtime, overnight stays and weekend working
- To identify and implement improvements in the performance of your duties with a view to improving the efficient operation of your department/ function and/ or the business as a whole
Machine Tool Supervisor
Reporting to: Production Manager
Key Objectives & Activities:-
- Set up and operate machine tools to produce precision parts. To manufacture components from drawings provided by the buying department or project lead.
- To understand the production schedule and to work positively towards meeting the required delivery dates for each project with which you are involved. This may involve overtime and weekend working.
- To help keep the work area and, in particular, your own workspace clean and tidy at all times. Special attention should be paid to keeping project equipment in ‘as new’ condition.
- To identify and implement improvements in the performance of your duties with a view to improving the efficient operation of your department/ function and/ or the business as a whole.
Please submit your CV and covering leter to the following address:-
Blackpole Trading Estate West,
Alternatively please send by email to:-
Ideally located in the Midlands, a few minutes from the M5 junction 6 and close to the historic city of Worcester, RG-Luma Automation`s manufacturing facility has 25,000 sq ft of floor space enabling us to lay out complete assembly lines for full product acceptance testing prior to dispatch.
Split into 6,000sqft of design offices and 19,000 sqft of flexible manufacturing space we have the capability to design and deliver large and complex solutions for you.